Scholarship Programmes for International Students in Belgium
In Belgium, there are many scholarship programmes for international students from all over the world. In Belgium, most of the Universities and Institutions offer scholarships to International Students. The Belgian Government also provides scholarships and other support services to international students, thereby reducing the financial burden on the students.
Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC) Scholarships
The Belgian Development Agency provides scholarships to students from Belgium’18 partner countries of the Belgian Development Cooperation. In Belgium, about 1,000 BTC grants are provided each year, along with 4,000 local grants.
- Scholarship Offered for: For Master and Doctorate/Ph.D. Studies, training, internships, travel trips and study tours.
VLIR-UOS Training and Masters Scholarship
VLIR-UOS awards up to 180 scholarships every year to students from 54 developing countries in Latin America, Asia and Africa to take up Training or a Master’s Programme that is associated with development at Universities in Belgium.
- Support Offered: Scholarships cover tuition fee, accommodation, monthly allowance, travel costs, and other program related costs.
The University Commission for Development (CUD) awards up to 150 scholarships for courses/programmes and about 70 scholarships for training programs to international pupils from chosen developing nations.
Support For: Master’s Programme or Training Courses in Belgium
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Programmes in Belgium
Many of the Universities in Belgium take part in study programmes that are funded by Erasmus Mundus Scholarships. The Erasmus Mundus scholarships are for international students, thereby allowing them to take up a participating Erasmus Mundus study program for free.
Belgian Universities Scholarships
Science@Leuven Scholarships for International Students
The Science@Leuven Scholarship is for brilliant and determined international students who are interested in taking up an International Master Programme at the Faculty of Science of the KU Leuven University.
- Scholarship Courses: Geology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Physics, Geography, Molecular and Cellular Biophysics, and Biology.
- Scholarship Amount: Up to 8,000 Euro for 1 year.
- Support Offered: The scholarship includes the tuition fee for 1 year, living expenses (vary), and the insurance and basic health insurance coverage.
IRO Doctoral Scholarship Programme
International Students from developing countries who wish to pursue PhD studies at K.U. Leuven are awarded this scholarship.
Liege University Scholarships for International Students
Liege University provides scholarships to both EU and non EU students from developing countries who want to pursue a Master’s degree programme at the University.
- Support Offered: The scholarship covers monthly allowance for the entire duration of the studies, travel costs, and admission fees.
Belgian American Education Foundation Fellowships (B.A.E.F.)
The Belgian American Educational Foundation provides fellowships to nationals or permanent residents of the United State for advanced study or research at a University in Belgium or Belgian Institution of higher learning.
- Scholarship Amount: Annual Stipend of $26,000
Ghent University Master Grants
Ghent University offers Masters Scholarships/Grants to excellent international pupils from developing countries who want to study a Master’s degree programme at Ghent University.
- Support Offered: The scholarship covers monthly allowance, an insurance and tuition fee reimbursement for up to 2 years
University of Ghent Doctoral Scholarships
The University of Ghent awards Doctoral scholarships to talented Ph.D. students from developing countries who want to perform half of their PhD research at Ghent University and half in a developing country University.